Mold Removal And Damage Repair
How is mold removal different from remediation? Mold remediation is a process that works to remove excessive amounts of the fungus and to restore it to levels that are not harmful to humans or material items. It exists virtually everywhere, in all environments, to some degree. Most often, the levels are so minuscule that they aren’t noticeable. It is only when colonization, or infestation, occurs that its presence becomes a problem.
Mold removal is the process of removing the majority of the fungus from a dwelling, whether a home or a business. While it is impossible to remove all traces of it (due to the airborne presence of microscopic spores), it can be removed once it has progressed and taken form past the microscopic spore stage and before it becomes an infestation. Preventive maintenance is always best, and removal is the most effective way to stop more severe problems from developing in the future.
Air Quality Express, (832 781-0105), is NADCA – Certified, licensed and insured, and our technicians are fully trained to professionally remove the infestation from your home or place of business. We are locally owned and operated, dedicated to providing only the highest quality services to our community and beyond.
Facts about mold:
- It exists everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. It even grows and thrives on rocks.
- It is spread in the form of airborne, microscopic spores. They can enter a dwelling anywhere air can: doors, windows, cracks, and crevices, etc. The spores can attach themselves to your
clothing, your pets, packages, etc., and invade your home in this way as well.
- Spores will quickly expand and grow into colonies, or infestations, as soon as they come into contact with moisture.
- It can be hazardous and even toxic to humans. Some types can cause severe allergic reactions, and some types are even deadly.
- All sources of water and moisture must be located and properly dealt with to eliminate the formation of colonies and infestations.
- The fungus can give off a pungent, musty smell. This odor is often what gives away its location inside your home or business.
- Keeping the humidity in your home or business below 45 degrees can reduce the chances of growth as it thrives in areas of high humidity.
When an infestation has taken place, damage can begin to occur almost immediately. Any surface or anywhere the growth has occurred can suffer significant damage. Walls, carpeting, flooring, and furniture are especially susceptible to damage. When this happens, most often drywall will have to be replaced, walls repaired and painted, carpeting will have to be removed, floors thoroughly cleaned and sanitized, and, unfortunately, furnishings must be replaced as well.
It is important to keep a few do’s and don’ts in mind if you experience damage in order to minimize it and make repairs less extensive:
- Shut off your home or business’s HVAC system and all fans.
- Keep everyone out of the areas of infestation.
- Contact Air Quality Express at 832 781-0105 immediately to schedule an inspection and removal/remediation services.
- Don’t try to remove the infestation yourself. Do not touch it or disturb the area in any way. Doing so will spread the problem via airborne spores.
- Don’t spray cleaning agents, disinfectants, etc., on the infestation.
- Don’t try to dry out the affected area yourself. This will only disperse the spores and cause further infestations to occur.
Unfortunately, once an infestation has taken place, most material items that have been affected will have to be replaced. Most mold damage cannot be reversed. Even the most thorough cleaning and disinfecting cannot remove all traces of mold, meaning that the odor will remain as well as the potential for further growth.
Preventive measures are best when it comes to stopping infestations from causing significant damage. At the first indication of the presence of the fungus, contact Air Quality Express, (832) 781-0105, immediately. Do not try to ascertain for yourself whether or not a serious problem exists. The longer you wait to call in the professionals, the more extensive the infestation and the damage will become.